1. The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 16 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw. Entrants under 18 years of age must obtain parental or guardian consent to enter and claim any prize.
2. The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
3. All entries must be submitted via the Derwent Instagram or Facebook page and only one entry per person is permitted.
4. Competition entry is by tagging Derwent in a painting or illustration of a river. Entrants must also be following Derwent and must share their story by tagging Derwent.
5. The opening date for entries is 17:30 on 6 July 2022. The closing date of the prize draw is 23:59 on 31 July 2022. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
6. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed due to a technical fault of any kind.
7. A winner will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process on Monday 1st August 2022 ("Draw Date").
8. The winner will receive 1x National Trust gift card (RRP £ 50.00). The gift card is subject to National Trust terms and conditions.
9. The winner will be notified by direct message before Friday 5th August 2022 and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Promoter within 7 days of being notified by the Promoter, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
10. The prize will be sent to the winner by post within 28 days of being notified of their win.
11. The prize for the winner is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered.
12. The prize is supplied by the National Trust (the "Supplier"). The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter's control makes it necessary to do so.
13. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
14. The Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation the Promoter will send the surname and county of major prize winners and, if applicable copies of their winning entries, to anyone who emails firstname.lastname@example.org or writes to Cumberland Pencil Company, Derwent House, Lillyhall Business Park, Workington, Cumbria, CA14 4HS, United Kingdom (enclosing a self-addressed envelope) within [one] month after the closing date stated in condition 4. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact the Promoter on email@example.com or Cumberland Pencil Company, Derwent House, Lillyhall Business Park, Workington, Cumbria, CA14 4HS, United Kingdom. In such circumstances, the Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
15. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
17. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
19. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
20. The Promoter of this prize draw is Derwent, a division of ACCO UK Ltd., whose registered address is Oxford House, Oxford Road, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP21 8SZ.
21. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram or Facebook.