Derwent Inktense blocks are intensely vibrant, watersoluble blocks that have been formulated to dry permanently, offering exceptional layering capability without dissolving previously dried layers of vivid colour.
Just like the pencils, colours are highly-pigmented and can be used dry, or mixed with water which is when the colour becomes even more intense. The colours retain vibrancy after drying, creating ink-like effects. Once dry the colour is permanent and you can work over the top of it.
Derwent Inktense is highly versatile and can be applied to many porous surfaces including ceramic, wood and fabric Suitable for use on paper and fabrics (ideal on silk and cotton) for a wide range of fine art and craft projects.
- Delivers ink-like staining effects with its vivid, yet translucent washes
- Ideal for creating loose, expressive landscapes and vibrant still-life paintings
- Use them dry to apply fine lines or broad, expressive strokes
- Dries permanently, allowing you to layer up without affecting previous applications
- Once dry, can be embellished with wet or dry media
- Highly versatile; can be used on paper and fabric for a wide range of fine art and craft projects. Will stay in place on fabrics when hand washed in cool water (below 30 degrees) with no harsh detergents
- Set contains 72 Inktense blocks in a tin
- Colour Palette: Sun Yellow, Tangerine, Poppy Red, Fuchsia, Deep Indigo, Sea Blue, Teal Green, Apple Green, Leaf Green, Baked Earth, Bark, Ink Black, Sherbet Lemon, Chilli Red, Shiraz, Violet, Iris Blue, Bright Blue, Ionian Green, Field Green, Mustard, Willow, Charcoal Grey, Antique White, Sienna Gold, Cherry, Red Violet, Mauve, Peacock Blue, Iron Blue, Turquoise, Iron Green, Felt Green, Tan, Saddle Brown, Indian Ink, Cadmium Yellow, Sicilian Yellow, Golden Yellow, Cadmium Orange, Burnt Orange, Mid Vermillion, Scarlet Pink, Hot Red, Carmine Pink, Crimson, Deep Rose, Thistle, Dusky Purple, Dark Purple, Deep Violet, Lagoon, Navy Blue, Deep Blue, Dark Aquamarine, Green Aquamarine, Mallard Green, Vivid Green, Beech Green, Hooker's Green, Light Olive, Spring Green, Fern, Amber, Oak, Oxide Red, Madder Brown, Dark Chocolate, Sepia Ink, Chinese Ink, Paynes Grey and Neutral Grey