Covid 19 Update - Reopening the Derwent Pencil Museum
Following several extraordinary months - and with a host of new safety measures in place – we are hoping to open The Derwent Pencil Museum mid-July.
Our staff are excited to be back but our priority continues to be their - and our visitors – health, safety and well being. This is why we are now taking telephone bookings for our Museum visitors. This is essential to allow us the opportunity to operate in a safe manner which allows you to feel relaxed and comfortable during your Museum visit.
We have now introduced the following new measures throughout the building:
The Café is closed – cold drinks only available for take away.
The Shop – to allow for social distancing, we have limited the number of people permitted in the shop. We have redefined entry and exit points, sanitizer stations, social distancing markers, and, where possible contactless card payments. There are now 2 retail tills to alleviate any queues.
The Museum - reduced number of visitors allowed in the museum with social distancing guidelines. Telephone booking advisable directly through the Museum, payment required at the time of booking. We have frequent deep-cleaning in place, one-way floor markings and signage, hand sanitization points, and team members available to help with the flow of visitors. Overflow queue system in place outside the building. Option to book a visit to return at a later date or time (depending on availability).
Your visit to the museum may be a little different due to the new safety procedures we have now put in place, however, our focus still remains on delivering an enjoyable museum experience.
- We have carried out a thorough risk assessment of our entire business, sharing the results with every member of our team.
- Extensive training has been given to all employees on hygiene, social distancing and transmission risks.
- Increased cleaning, hand washing and hygiene procedures are in place throughout the building, in addition we are providing 2 air purifiers for additional safety.
- We have taken all reasonable steps to ensure people can maintain a safe social distance.
- At the beginning of each day, every member of our team has their temperature taken, and we will be recording visitor and staff details in line with the Government's contact track and trace initiative with the NHS.
We have been awarded the latest accreditation from Visit England, which was applied for and presented to the Pencil Museum to show that Visit England are happy for us to receive visitors once again.