NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Promoter: The promoter is Derwent, a division of ACCO UK Ltd., whose registered address is Oxford House, Oxford Road, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP21 8SZ.
2. Eligibility: The contest is open only to those who enter on Instagram and who are 16 years of age and above as of the date of entry. The contest is only open to legal residents of the United Kingdom and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Derwent (the “Sponsor”) their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of each are not eligible to participate in the Contest. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
3. There is no entry fee; no purchase is necessary to enter this competition.
4. Agreement to Rules: By participating, you agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and you represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Derwent, as final and binding as it relates to the content. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
5. Contest Period: Entries will be accepted starting on the 1st May, 2021 and ending on the 31st May, 2021. All online entries must be received by 11:59PM EST of the closing date. No further entries to the competition will be permitted.
6. How to Enter: Competition entry is via the Derwent Art Prize (@derwentartprize) Instagram page by commenting on the post. The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are not complete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Derwent. You may enter only once, and you must fill in the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Derwent.
7. Prizes: One (1) winner will receive a bundle of Derwent items: 1) a 36-tin Lightfast Pencils (RRP £120.00, 2) 3 sets of Lightfast paper (RRP £150) and 1x USB-Rechargeable Eraser (RRP £25.00) with a combined value of RRP £295.00.
Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Sponsor. No cash or other prize substitution permitted except at Sponsor's discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by winners is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Derwent to use winner's name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
8. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
9. Winner selection and notification: Winners of the Contest will be selected in a random draw or in accordance with the competition mechanic. Winners will be notified via direct message within five (5) days following the winner selection. The prize will be shipped to the winner within 28 days from notification - SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY. Derwent shall have no liability for a winner's failure to receive notices due to winners' spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for winners' provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the selected winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 14 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and releases as required, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner selected. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into. The receipt by winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER (AT SPONSOR'S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN SUCH WINNER'S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
10. Rights Granted by you: By entering this content you understand that Derwent, anyone acting on behalf of Derwent, the winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent. The winner will be contacted by DM on Instagram and their contact details used only in reference to fulfilment of the Terms of the contest after which no correspondence will be entered into.
11. Terms: Derwent reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest should (in its sole discretion) a virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, Derwent may select the recipients from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Derwent. Derwent reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Derwent has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to; multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by contest rules; or the use of bots, macros or scripts or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Derwent reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
12. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Derwent and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant's participation in the contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
13. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF ENGLAND AND WALES WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between the parties and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in England and Wales having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorneys' fees, other than participant's actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest), and participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
14. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram.